Sunday, December 2, 2007

Staples

Recently I have experienced something within my retail job at Staples which I consider unethical. I have worked for Staples for over five years. Just recently I found out that my apartment complex is raising rent, therefore I won't be able to afford living there so I have decided to move back to Allen with my parents. Therefore I need to transfer back to my old store.

For some reason it is a huge deal that I want/need to do this. I've told my manager, wrote my two weeks note, but he won't allow me to transfer and claims that it is not that easy. But it was easy the first time I did it when I transferred into his store. He claims that they will need to replace my position before I can go anywhere. He said that he will be picky in finding someone because he wants them to be just like me, wants me to train them and says it may take months. Therefore he is saying that I will need to spend about two or more hours a day driving to Lewisville on my crappy pay to be able to continue working at Staples.

I would quit, but that would screw him over big time, and well I would have no insurance then. What can I do other than call HR and hope that they agree with me and not management?

No comments: